Over the last decade, ASU has become an important partner to the U.S. government and numerous global organizations and universities working to build a better, safer world through international development. The ASU International Development Initiative aims to radically scale up ASU’s by mobilizing and coordinating university resources, research and expertise to support the development and relief programs of USAID, the U.S. Department of State, and other major development agencies and funders.
The ASU International Development Initiative enables a whole-of-university approach to international development across multiple fields, including K-12 and higher education, sustainability, public health, economic growth, gender equality, and promoting democracy and the rule of law. This work builds on over decade of systematic efforts to build ASU’s capacity for global development, including the implementation of over $200 million in international development awards.
The ASU International Development Initiative enables faculty entrepreneurship and institutional collaboration across ASU colleges, schools, academic units as well as administrative and support units. We provide multiple services to the university community, including:
- Identifying opportunities for new projects and programs leveraging faculty expertise and ASU assets
- New business capture, including negotiation with prospective partners such as international development firms, international NGOs and global universities
- Proposal support for funding opportunities with USAID, U.S. Department of State and other development agencies
- Global implementation services to enable agile, effective coordination of international projects
- Assessment services to measure project impact and generate data and evidence to improve development outcomes
The ASU International Development Initiative advances ASU’s core design aspiration to engage globally and works to realize the aims of the ASU charter on a global scale. Contact us to learn more about how you can support ASU’s international development mission.