About Global Operations
What We Do
Global Operations makes it easier for ASU faculty and staff to implement global sponsored projects. We identify international legal, tax, employment, financial, procurement, and health and safety issues and deliver solutions to address them. Global Operations should be your first point of contact for any global project issue. We have the knowledge and connections to save you time, money and frustration—freeing you up to focus on research, discovery and development.
Global Operations also strategically advances ASU's capabilities to conduct international business. We identify gaps in ASU's infrastructure and develop resources and services to fill them. Establishing a robust infrastructure means our execution abilities match your innovation.
Not sure if your project requires Global Operations' assistance? Complete the Checklist of International Risk Considerations.
Top Ten Risks and Burdens of Conducting International Business
- Creating a non-U.S. legal entity
- Establishing an international office
- Paying international taxes
- Hiring non-U.S.-based workers
- Making international purchases
- Traveling to high risk destinations
- Getting cash overseas
- Managing currency fluctuations
- Bringing non-U.S. participants / visitors to the U.S.
- Maintaining regulatory compliance
Global Operations leverages internal and external expertise to deliver global project solutions.